Distraction

Bathroom5

Sometimes the drama is so intense you actually can't think of anything else. Every small conversation you have with acquaintances--how was your long weekend? sends you spiraling down the rabbit hole of fury, sadness and helplessness. One thought can send weepy, unwelcome tears down your face. When there is no solution to the problem it is that much more frustrating. Ultimately when there is truly nothing you can do about the issue, all you can do is distract yourself. Here's how I'm distracting myself today:

12 quotes by comedians for when you're feeling shitty at work or in your career.


Just make some freaking swirls and get over it.


Some Kimye nonsense to rot your brain: Kim changed her name to Kim Kardashian West. Here's Kanye being, well, Kanye.


I'm thinking about getting some essential oils after work. Here's some for sadness: Cypress, Frankincense, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Lemon, Mandarin, Neroli, Orange, Rose, Sandalwood, and Vetiver.  Here's a list of essential oils for a variety of feelings.


I asked. Got my answer. And now I drink.


Fecund has always been one of those words that doesn't sound like what it means. Here's a list of some other words that don't sound quite right.


Some good ideas for slow work days (for all of us desk job workers).


Disney Parks are hiding things from us.


Such commitment! This is awesome. Way to go, doggy!!



How does one achieve such minimalism in their interior design? Do I throw everything I own away and start over? TELL ME HOW I CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!

Listening to a gentle rainfall at my desk.


Really digging artist Julie Evans--check out her work here. Wish I had mas moolah so I could buy all the arts!


This website gives you a playlist and recipe. I know what I'm doing tonight.


If you don't follow Rachel Brathen (aka yoga_girl) on Instagram, you should start today. She says everything you need to know but sometimes you need to know that you know it, you know what I mean? Inner wisdom. Peace for you and me. Here's an example: 



Sometimes the only choice we are left with is to let go. Let go. Let go. Let go. Surrender and release control. Stop resisting and allow the dust and the murkiness of your past to be stirred to the surface before it can settle. Sadness will come and that's ok. Pain will come and that's ok. Despair will come and that's ok. It's all ok because in the empty space that follows trust will start to grow. Joy will blossom. Love will set it's roots within you. Keep letting go, and you will make space for all of this to happen. Feel it all. Let it go. Feel it all. Let it go. This is the process of healing. It's the only way. Feel it all. Let it go. And know that one day not far from now... you will be ok again. 

In honor of the late Maya Angelou: "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." That alone might have been the thing I needed to read today.

Image: I really would love nothing more than to soak in a bathtub just like these.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Link Queen's Thursday Things

Cleanse Day One

Happy Birthday, Amanda.