New hair just because



As some of you may already know, before today I was a hair color virgin. I'd never done anything to my beloved locks, because my natural auburn hair was something I really, truly loved about myself (it's okay to like something about yourself :) Anyway, you might think, why did you change something you loved? Well, I figured, why not? It's just hair. It grows back.

I decided to get a balayage, which is a French word for painting on, and the process is set up to leave your natural roots in tact and lighten the bottom portion of your hair to give the effect of movement and lightness; it's a very summery trend. I really love the way it turned out! I might go even lighter in the future, but it's nice to know I could chop my hair short and be right back where I started if I ever wanted to. What do you think? Do you like it?

If you're looking to get this done, I'd recommend Nikki at Slash studio in Santa Monica. She's really great! So nice, warm and friendly--and seriously so beautiful. The coffee at the salon is exceptional. I had three cups in the four hours I was there. Yeah, four hours. Wow.



The photo on the left was taken about a month ago. My hair was a really nice shade of auburn, but was all one color. The right picture is my new color :) Same auburn on top, just a few easy pieces of blonde and caramel to lighten it up.

Comments

  1. I think it's really pretty! What a fun change -- and no worrying about outgrowth! I bet the ends will lighten even more with some summer sun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Link Queen's Thursday Things

Cleanse Day One

The Big Five