My last post inspired some of my friends to join me in eliminating social media from our daily routines. It certainly wasn't my intention to have everyone up-and-leave Facebook and Insta, but it's nice to have people doing this with me. Solidarity, sister. I just got back from spending my first weekend without any social media interaction in Orange County, and I have to say--I absolutely LOVED it. I spent long hours talking with my mom one on one into the wee hours of the night. I went on a hike/run with my sister and nephew the next morning. The weather was bright, clear and I got terribly sunburned. After a glorious shower, I played soccer golf with my entire family and my dad's staff. My dad's company sponsored the tournament, which was a fundraising event for Pure Game (which teaches non-competitive soccer to at-risk youths). After several margaritas, doing handstands in the grass and the satisfaction of coming in 4th out of 36 teams, I went to Shane's dad...
A while back I asked my closest friends to send me five words that come to mind when they think of me. I started out by writing down five of my own. Energetic, Eclectic, Gregarious, Considerate, Fun Here is what the others had to say. I put stars next to words that several people used. Passionate Energetic** Eclectic*** Embellished Yogi*** Enthusiastic** Outgoing Student Driven** Kind Creative** Playful Madewell Caring** Desiring harmony Optimistic Perceptive Imaginative Facilitator Empowered Spirited Cultured Intelligent*** Thoughtful** Organize Uniter Bold Persistent Fabulous Love Beautiful Strong Glue Steadfast Anxious Art Real Bangs Generous Compassionate Empathetic Goofy as heck At this point, I am merely putting this list out in the universe in an attempt to manifest/manage these traits. I'd like to return to these qualities from time to time, especially if I'm feeling down or confused. They could be a good starting p...
This gorgeous, slouchy trench . Should I just buy the damn thing already? This cute high school girl isn't getting great grades and didn't get into her colleges of choice...but she started her own company , and it's adorable (and successful). In love with Lianne La Havas right now (thanks, Shane). This song is especially fun. I also really like when she sings with just her guitar. Pretty floral dress for a springtime wedding. Another great option here . ASOS is offering 20% off their label for a limited time only. Per usual, Wit and Delight's wish list is spot on. "As per vs. per usual" ^ via the Grammarist . And now that you've just clicked on all of these links, here's a link to an article that suggests that link hopping and surfing the internet can be harmful to your brain. Fantastic exhibition on view at Richard Heller Gallery featuring work by collaborating artists Neil Farber and Michael Dumontier. Love this image. Com...
I love this, and I agree, accept change don't apologize for it!
ReplyDelete