Bits n Pieces (From a Mid-Afternoon State of Mind)


I'm gonna drive to Paper Source and buy myself a journal tonight. I'm feeling the need to physically handwrite something-anything-all-the-things! Let's see how long this lasts, haha.

Would love to lose 10 to 15 lbs. But how do I do it? How do I actually commit to something like a real weight loss plan? I know I'm not in anyway overweight or anything, but if I'm being completely honest, this is the worst I've ever felt about myself, physically. I don't feel healthy, and that's the real reason I'd like to get out there and do something about it. I'm not an avid exerciser anymore. When I played competitive sports I was really fit. I had abs!--abs, people! Now I've just got to figure out how to rekindle that active lifestyle fire...I'm looking into joining a co-ed soccer team, I'm re-instating my holiday hiatus-ed yoga membership. These things will help. And it would be so much fun to feel healthy and confident about myself again!

Last night after I got a seriously great haircut (seriously, it's great) and grabbed a bite to eat with my co-worker, I went home and got down to business...with cleaning! I turned on a compilation called Cozy Night on Spotify and cleaned my whole room. The result was a calm, candle-lit oasis. I curled up with a glass of Game of Thrones style ale and started reading The Secret Life of Bees. So far it's captivating. The main character is charming and rambunctious and you're really rooting for her, despite the tragic beginning to her story.

And the sunset is spectacular, yet again. What a beautiful and blessed life.

Image: Anne Cynn Photography


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Link Queen's Thursday Things

Cleanse Day One

Happy Birthday, Amanda.