Micro Hangovers

A little #witanddelightfortarget for the weekend! Love these cork coasters used as a trivet. (Pairs well with a @tomdixonstudio tea pot, too!)

Hello, semi-faithful blog readers. I was posting pretty consistently for a while there, then I just fell off the grid. Where did I go? Honestly, I don't know. But I'm back and feeling like I'm gonna be spending a little more quality time here again. I've got that writing and reflecting bug. I hear it's going around...

I like hangovers. I know, I know, I know...you probably think I'm insane, but let me explain. I don't like those gnarly hangovers (the pukey, headachey, wobbly, I-think-I'm-still-drunk kind of hangovers), but I like the mellow ones. The ones where you feel just icky enough to not want to drink again for a while. I like these baby hangovers because they serve as a reminder and act as an incentive to re-evaluate some of my not-so-great habits. For instance, feeling slight shitty today made me think about my general health. It's sufficient, but I could be taking WAY better care of myself. Then I was like, okay, I haven't been to the doctor in god knows how long. So I made an appointment for a physical at the end of the month. Next up was a dental appointment. Same day as the doctor--check! I scheduled a massage for tonight, I'm going to get a manicure and pedicure after work and I'll start organizing my bedroom to prepare for some minor rearranging that I've been thinking about. Now you see, I have been meaning to do all these things for a few weeks now, but it wasn't until I had this micro-hangover that I actually got around to doing anything about it! Thanks, beer!

Until next time xoxo


Image via wit and delight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Link Queen's Thursday Things

Cleanse Day One

The Big Five